Chicago, IL, Feb. 27, 2009 — A new report by GreenBiz.com and Automotive Fleet Magazine ranked the companies with the largest green fleets of vehicles.
Contained in the report “State of Green Business 2009,” the list features five electric and gas utilities in the top 10. Pacific Gas & Electric and Commonwealth Edison ranked with the most green vehicles of the utilities that made the top ten.
According to the report, the 10 largest U.S. alternative fuel fleets are:
1. Enterprise — 7,000 vehicles
2. Schwan’s — 5,800 vehicles
3. U.S. Postal Service — 4,448 vehicles
4. Waste Management — 2,305 vehicles
5. Pacific Gas & Electric — 2,102 vehicles
6. Johnson & Johnson — 2,091 vehicles
7. Commonwealth Edison — 1,918 vehicles
8. Consolidated Edison — 1,752 vehicles
9. Ferrellgas — 1,600-2,100 vehicles
10. Florida Power & Light — 1,285 vehicles
Want to stay Current? Listen to Currents: The Energy News Podcast brought to you by Utility Automation & Engineering T&D and Electric Light & Power online. For a list of all available episodes, click here and start listening today. And for more news and exclusive features from Utility Automation & Engineering T&D and Electric Light & Power online, please click here.