More than 700 contractor personnel and company employees in eight states will use the system for day-to-day management of vegetation and wood pole maintenance.
Xcel Energy sought a geospatial solution to help meet the following goals:
• Replace its legacy vegetation management system with a system that emphasizes budgeting, analytics and geospatial modeling;
• Improve the processes for transmission and distribution wood pole inspection, treatment, replacement, reinforcement and quality control;
• Automate field force activities to improve dispatched and collected work with third-party vegetation and pole inspection crews;
• Automate the surrounding preplanning, inspection, work completion and quality control activities; and
• Drive efficient work management and more effective risk management.
GeoDigital will supply Xcel Energy with its WorkStudio platform including WorkPlanner for budgeting and program cycle management, VegWorks for mobile vegetation assessments and audits, VegWorker for contractor production reporting and InfoCenter for enterprise visibility into activity status and budget performance.
“GeoDigital has been a critical business partner of Xcel Energy for more than eight years,” said Jim Downie, director of vegetation management and ancillary programs at Xcel Energy. “In that time, we’ve jointly developed a variety of VM solutions to address imminent threat, danger tree and or hazard tree identification, routine maintenance planning and wildfire protection mitigation, to name a few. This software implementation will bring all of this functionality together into one work management solution that will also enable us to manage a variety of other facility maintenance activities.
“Teamed up with frontline representatives from our contractors, we conducted a rigorous and detailed technical evaluation of the responses to our RFP. GeoDigital clearly demonstrated they could meet not only our current work management, analytical and field mobile needs, but would enable us to take that next major step in the evolution of our maintenance programs to improve reliability, better ensure compliance, reduce cost, improve worker safety and provide value to our customers.”