Aclara, a leading supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) to electric, gas and water utilities around the world, will showcase its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions at DistribuTECH 2018, Booth 1609, January 23-25 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
At DistribuTECH 2018, Aclara will also highlight its newly released AclaraONE (One Network for Everyone), a next-generation SaaS solution that allows electric, water and gas utilities to access and analyze data collected from meters and other devices on their distribution networks. Developed to work with all of Aclara’s network products, AclaraONE is a single, unified platform for monitoring, optimizing and improving network operations.
Aclara also will highlight its entire portfolio of smart infrastructure solutions and services. Booth stations will provide an in-depth look at Aclara’s robust solutions that include:
· Smart meters. Commercial and residential meters offer superior quality, accuracy and reliability, for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
· AMI communications. Networks include Synergize RF, which offers great network reliability and low latency, allows time-critical data and alarms to be prioritized to ensure near real-time grid visibility and control. Also highlighted will be Metrum Cellular, an IP-enabled solution that is suited for high-bandwidth commercial and industrial applications and TWACS power line communication, an ideal solution for utilities in rural areas and hybrid networks.
· Grid visibility and optimization. Aclara’s network architecture, with known low latency communication and message prioritization, is purpose-built for distribution automation (DA) applications. The architecture can support multiple DA applications including fault location isolation and service restoration (FLISR), voltage and power quality (Volt/VAR) and integration of distributed energy resources.
· The Aclara Grid Monitoring solution. Devices provide interval monitoring of load and voltage, fault current and direction, and waveform capture of line disturbances to provide visibility to the grid and predictive analytics. Aclara’s solutions also enhance grid efficiency through load control demand response, and conservation voltage reduction (CVR).
· Implementation services. Aclara’s services cover the entire lifecycle of AMI implementation from deployment planning and execution to project management and ongoing maintenance. Aclara provides installation services through its Smart Grid Solutions (SGS) business unit, utilizing the award-winning Profield mobile workforce management technology to efficiently handle AMI rollouts.
· Consumer engagement. The highly configurable Aclara Adaptive Consumer Engagement (Aclara ACE) solution reduces call volume, drives utility program adoption and visibility, increases program savings and improves customer satisfaction. Read more about how Microsoft Azure puts the personal in Aclara ACE.
“This robust suite of end-to-end solutions underscores Aclara’s commitment to provide a single point of accountability for its utility partners at every step of their journeys, from initial planning to implementation and beyond. Our goal is to equip utilities with the next-generation products, services and software they need to optimize the performance of their networks,” said Allan Connolly, president and CEO of Aclara.