Aclara, a leading supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) to electric, gas and water utilities around the world, is showcasing its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions for DistribuTECH attendees, Booth 10443, February 4-7 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. This year, for the first time, Hubbell Power Systems will join Aclara at the booth, showcasing the synergy of innovation and experience that the companies bring to customers.
At DistribuTECH 2019, Aclara will highlight new solutions to provide utility customers with greater network visibility to further optimize and manage its distribution network. These solutions, designed to address challenges associated with renewable integration, DER management, aging infrastructure, and evolving customer expectations, include:
• A data collector unit (DCU) augmented with new features for electric, water, gas or combination utilities to take advantage of a common infrastructure. The robust Aclara RF communications network architecture provides optimum network performance, reliable and secure two-way communications enabling utilities to manage and maintain their communications infrastructure seamlessly. This DCU is designed to help utilities leverage their investment beyond AMI, and support emerging applications, such as distribution automation, load control, outdoor lighting and more.
• An enhanced 5th generation line of Kv2c commercial and industrial meters with expanded processing power and memory. This allows the meters to handle more complex data and increase reliability in overvoltage situations.
• Synergize RF support for the Aclara I-210+/c meter that offers advanced features for electric utility customers including time of use, load profile, and reactive energy for residential consumers.
• A smart grid power sensor that is rated to 48 kV. This new generation of power sensors for the grid monitoring platform operates on sub-transmission networks up to 48kV to increase visibility beyond the distribution network.
• Enhancements to AclaraONE™ software, including more robust internal and on-demand reporting, system health and consumption monitoring, and support for load control applications and Aclara’s new data collector in its AclaraONE™ software platform. AclaraONE is a powerful platform that unifies Aclara’s communications technologies and offers comprehensive solutions to transform business operations, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
The booth also will highlight Aclara’s AMI communications networks, which are purpose-built for distribution grid automation applications, such as fault location isolation and service restoration (FLISR), voltage and power quality (Volt/VAR) and integration of distributed energy resources.
In addition, the booth will feature Aclara’s highly configurable Aclara Adaptive Consumer Engagement (Aclara ACE®) solution, which reduces call volume, drives utility program adoption and visibility, increases program savings and improves customer satisfaction. Finally, attendees will learn about Aclara’s implementation services, which cover the entire lifecycle of AMI implementation from deployment planning and execution to project management and ongoing maintenance.
This year, Aclara is hosting a Team Spirit Challenge throughout the show, and a Half-Time Event featuring microbrewed beer and a variety of snacks from 1 pm to 3 pm on Wednesday, February 6.
Aclara, now part of the Hubbell Power Systems family of brands, is a world-class supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) and services to more than 1,000 water, gas, and electric utilities globally. Aclara SIS offerings include smart meters and other field devices, advanced metering infrastructure and software and services that enable utilities to predict and respond to conditions, leverage their distribution networks effectively, and engage with their customers.