|Eletrobras President Josàƒ© da Costa Carvalho Neto will deliver the Oct. 21 keynote presentation at the co-located events POWER-GEN Brasil, HydroVision Brasil and DistribuTECH Brasil. The largest electrical power event in Brazil will run Oct. 21-23, 2014, at the Transamerica Expo Center in Sao Paulo.|
|Eletrobras President Josàƒ© da Costa Carvalho Neto|
Da Costa, Eletrobras president since 2011, will speak about the challenges and most relevant discussions within the Brazilian electricity sector. He was the chair of the Energy Co. of Minas Gerais (Cemig), was a professor at PUC-MG, and in the private sector he worked as CEO of Arcadis Logos Energia and director of Orteng Equipamentos e Sistemas.
Also during the keynote, POWER-GEN Brasil, HydroVision Brasil, DistribuTECH Brasil and the events’ flagship media publications-POWERGRID International, Power Engineering International, Renewable Energy World, COSPP, HRW-Hydro Review Worldwide and Hydro Review-once again will bestow a maximum of six Utility of the Year Awards on utilities, electricity generators and transmission and distribution companies involved with key projects in the South American electric power industry. Submissions will be accepted through Sept. 2 at www.powerbrasilevents.com.
DistribuTECH Brasil submission categories are:
- Best Small Smart Grid Project (pilot project or fewer than 100,000 customers);
- Best Large Smart Grid Project (more than 100,000 customers);
- Best Transmission Project; and
- Best Customer Service/Engagement Project.
After the keynote and awards, some 30 conference sessions-each with presentations by utility, academic, corporate and government experts from countries with specific electricity niches-will begin. Ten DistribuTECH Brasil sessions will be broken into two industry-related tracks-transmission and distribution-in which more than 30 speakers will participate. On Thursday, Oct. 23, a DistribuTECH Brasil mega-session, “Inova Energia: What’s its Status, Where is it Going and Who Will Benefit?” will lead into lunch.
DistribuTECH Brasil also will provide plenty of opportunities for attendees to visit and network with colleagues, acquaintances and new friends.
POWER-GEN Brasil, HydroVision Brasil and DistribuTECH Brasil are endorsed by the Government of the State of Sao Paulo and the Sao Paulo state energy secretary.
According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, Brazil is the fifth-most attractive country for foreign direct investment from 2012 through 2014. Brazil is also consistently the largest foreign direct investment recipient in Latin America, receiving close to half of all of South America’s incoming investments.
Exhibit and sponsor information were accurate at press time but are subject to change. More information is available at www.powerbrasilevents.com.
DistribuTECH Brasil’s supporting associations include:
- Assoàƒ§iacàƒ£o Brasileira de Companhias de Energia Elàƒ©trica
- Assoàƒ§iacàƒ£o Brasileira de Geradoras Termelàƒ©tricas
- Assoàƒ§iacàƒ£o Brasileira de Grandes Consumidores Industrias de Energie e de Consumidores Livres
- Assoàƒ§iacàƒ£o Brasileira das Grandes Empresas de Transmissàƒ£o de Energia Elàƒ©trica
- Assoàƒ§iacàƒ£o Brasileira de Geracàƒ£o de Energia Limpa
- Centro Nacional de Referàƒªncia em Pequenas Centrais Hidrelàƒ©tricas
- Sociedade Mineira de Engenheiors
The conference program will include utility speakers and authors from Brazil, representing the following companies:
- AES Eletropaulo
- CPFL Energia
- Energisa Paraiba
- Energisa Sergipe
- EDP Bandeirante
DistribuTECH Brasil will host networking receptions on the exhibit floor from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21 and Wednesday, Oct. 22, in addition to a Tuesday welcome reception and Wednesday event party, both from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on the exhibit floor. Attendees and guests are invited for hors d’oeuvres and refreshing drinks while networking with industry colleagues and visiting exhibits of more than 12 companies.
- China Exhibition World Co. LTD
- Concert Technologies
- GE Power & Water
- IS5 Communications
- JPPA Gerenciamento E Projetos LTDA
- Kyland Technology Co. LTD
- Minaselectric Automaàƒ§àƒ£o Industrial LTDA
- Spin Engenharia de Automacao LTDA
- Tavrida Electric do Brasil Equipamentos Eletricos LTDA
- Telematics Wireless LTD
PowerGrid International Articles Archives
View Power Generation Articles on PennEnergy.com