Creativity, innovation and a commitment to leadership are just some of the distinguishing marks that identify the organizations selected for the 2015 Duke Energy Power Partners award.
The winners are recognized for their responsible energy use, and creating lasting value for their organizations and the communities they serve.
Some of the implemented advanced and inventive projects are:
· Providing standby power systems for critical manufacturing processes, as well as making power capacity available to the grid in case of emergencies through Duke Energy’s PowerShare program
· Partnering with Duke Energy on energy efficiency incentive programs to complete extensive facility renovations and upgrades to save energy
· Working with Duke Energy to upgrade electrical infrastructure to support an organization’s growth and improve multiple energy efficiency upgrades
Duke Energy established the Power Partner awards in 1992 to honor businesses and other entities that achieve exemplary results in energy efficiency, sustainability and business growth. Each of the 2015 Power Partners will be recognized at individual award ceremonies this winter.
The 2015 Power Partners are:
· Bausch & Lomb (Greenville, S.C.)
· Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
· Childress Klein (Charlotte, N.C.)
· Cisco Systems (Raleigh, N.C.)
· Coty Inc. (Sanford, N.C.)
· Crystal Photonics, Inc. (Sanford, Fla.)
· Dairy Fresh LLC (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
· Forest Hills School District (Cincinnati, Ohio)
· HCL America (Cary, N.C.)
· Impact Forge Group (Columbus, Ind.)
· Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (Burlington, N.C.)
· MillerCoors (Trenton, Ohio)
· QuikTrip (national account with locations in the Carolinas)
· University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.)