EDF EN Canada switches on 25 MW wind power project

EDF EN Canada Inc., a unit of EDF Energies Nouvelles Group and àƒâ€°nergie du Granit, celebrated the completion of the Le Granit Wind Project. Located on the lands of the municipality of Saint-Robert-Bellarmin, in the municipality of Le Granit, administrative region of Estrie.

àƒâ€°nergie du Granit Inc. owns 30 percent of the project while EDF EN Canada holds the remaining 70 percent. Consisting of 12 wind turbines supplied by Senvion, the project employed more than 100 persons during the peak construction phase. Electricity generated is delivered to Hydro-Quebec Distribution under a 20-year power purchase agreement.

Le Granit is one of seven wind energy projects awarded to EDF EN Canada in 2008 and 2010 through Hydro-Quebec Distribution call for tenders.

It also represents the third project developed by EDF EN Canada to be held in partnership with an MRC, the other two wind projects being La Mitis (24.6 MW) and Lac Alfred (300 MW). By the end of 2015, EDF EN Canada will have placed into service 1,374 MW of wind and solar projects in Canada.

Previous articleNYISO expects less peak energy demand this winter
Next articleVIDEO: Toshiba combining renewable, nuclear, power generation units
The Clarion Energy Content Team is made up of editors from various publications, including POWERGRID International, Power Engineering, Renewable Energy World, Hydro Review, Smart Energy International, and Power Engineering International. Contact the content lead for this publication at Jennifer.Runyon@ClarionEvents.com.

No posts to display