enXco signs service agreement for Roth Rock Wind Farm

San Diego, Calif., August 8, 2011 — enXco Service Corp., an EDF Energies Nouvelles company, signed a long-term operations and maintenance agreement with Roth Rock Wind, for the 50 MW wind power project located in Garrett County, Maryland.

The Roth Rock Wind Farm, owned by Gestamp Wind North America, consists of 20 Nordex Wind N90 wind turbines, each with a rated capacity of 2.5 MW. Of the 130 GWh annual production, 80 percent will be delivered to Delmarva Power, with the remaining 20 percent to the state of Maryland, and the University of Maryland.

Construction of the project commenced in Fall 2010, with commercial operations starting in August. enXco Service Corp. provided commissioning assistance during construction, and will provide on-site O&M for the balance of plant during the turbine warranty period, and subsequently for the entire project.

In addition to operation and maintenance services provided at the site, 24/7 remote monitoring of the wind turbines will be provided from enXco Service Corp’s Operations Control Center.

Previous articlePG&E and Sempra Generation contract for 150 MW of solar power
Next articleBoeing, Siemens form alliance for DOD energy modernization

No posts to display