Juno Beach, Fla., December 29, 2009–To wrap up Florida Power & Light Company’s six-part series of energy-efficiency tips for the holiday season, here are some year-round recommendations that you and your family can resolve to make in 2010. An energy-efficient New Year’s resolution will help protect the environment and save you money on your electric bill all year long. (For more energy efficiency news, click here.)
FPL’s Helpful Holiday Tips: Energy-Efficient New Year’s Resolutions
Energy efficiency can be easy. You can resolve to save energy and money in 2010 with these very simple tips. Visit www.FPL.com or become a fan of FPL Energy Tips at www.facebook.com/fplenergytips to learn about these tips and more.
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave a room.
- Clean your air-conditioning filter once a month.
- Close your refrigerator door after getting the food you need.
- Cook with a toaster or microwave instead of the oven whenever possible.
- Don’t pre-rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Cool or heat your home only when you’re there.
- Use cold water to wash your clothes.
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer after every load.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent lights.
- Unplug electronics when not in use.
Florida Power & Light Company
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is the largest electric utility in Florida and one of the largest rate-regulated utilities in the United States. FPL serves 4.5 million customer accounts in Florida and is a leading employer in the state with nearly 11,000 employees. The company consistently outperforms national averages for service reliability while customer bills are well below the national average. A clean energy leader, FPL has one of the lowest emissions profiles and the No. 1 energy efficiency program among utilities nationwide. FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Fla.-based FPL Group, Inc. (NYSE:FPL). For more information, visit www.FPL.com.