MONTREAL, May 16, 2003 – Hydro-Quàƒ©bec Distribution, the Hydro- Quàƒ©bec division responsible for serving the local load in Quàƒ©bec, is launching a call for tenders to meet the long-term electricity needs of its Quàƒ©bec customer base. The call for tenders is for 1,000 MW of electricity generated by wind turbines.
Deliveries may start between December 1, 2006, and December 1, 2012. The required quantity of electricity is broken down as follows:
– 200 MW, on December 1, 2006;
– 100 MW, on December 1, 2007;
– 150 MW, on December 1, 2008;
– 150 MW, on December 1, 2009;
– 150 MW, on December 1, 2010;
– 150 MW, on December 1, 2011;
– 100 MW, on December 1, 2012.
Each bid may cover all or a portion of the annual target quantity. The contracts will have terms ranging from 15 to 20 years and must be approved by the Ràƒ©gie de l’àƒ©nergie (Quàƒ©bec energy board).
The electricity must be generated by wind farms in the Regional County Municipality of Matane or in the Gaspàƒ©sie – Iles-de-la-Madeleine administrative region. Moreover, the nacelles of the wind turbines must come from assembly plants in that area of Quàƒ©bec. The expenditures and investments in that region for each wind farm project must meet the following minimum percentages:
– 40% of the overall project costs in the case of deliveries beginning in 2006;
– 50% of the overall project costs in the case of deliveries beginning in 2007; and
– 60% of the overall project costs in the case of deliveries after December 1, 2007.
The timetable for this call for tenders is given below:
– Pre-bid conferences:
– June 12, 2003 (in French);
– June 13, 2003 (in English);
– Deadline for the submission of bids:
– June 15, 2004
Hydro-Quàƒ©bec Distribution has mandated Samson Bàƒ©lair/Deloitte & Touche to act as its official representative for this call for tenders.
The Call for Tenders Document, the Pre-bid Conference Registration Form, the Call for Tenders Registration Form and the Bid Form are available on the Hydro-Quàƒ©bec Distribution Web site: