SANTA ANA, Calif., Aug. 6, 2003 — National Water & Power (NW&P), a utility management and billing services provider, has announced a new relationship with FirstEnergy Solutions, a provider of energy related products and services. FirstEnergy Solutions is an unregulated subsidiary of the nation’s fourth largest investor-owned utility, FirstEnergy Corp.
Under the agreement, FirstEnergy Solutions will provide utility bill auditing, rate and tariff analysis, demand side management, and commodity consulting as part of NW&P’s Energy Information Services+ (EIS+) offering. EIS+ is a comprehensive energy management solution designed to help property owners manage, recover, and reduce energy expenditures.
“FirstEnergy Solutions is a world-class energy services provider with a proven track record of success,” said Bob Sherman, head of NW&P’s Specialized Energy Services division. “This relationship gives our customers the highest quality, most reliable energy services available to increase profits and operate more efficiently in a competitive market.”
As energy costs rise and more states deregulate their energy markets, property owners are looking for comprehensive energy management programs to take advantage of the increasing competition. The relationship between NW&P and FirstEnergy Solutions provides property owners with access to the combined expertise, regulatory knowledge, and stability of two long-time industry leaders.
“We look forward to working with NW&P’s customers to improve their bottom line by helping them manage and reduce their energy expenses,” said Douglas S. Elliott, senior vice president of FirstEnergy Solutions. “Our proven energy services, coupled with NW&P’s extensive multifamily industry knowledge provide a real opportunity for property owners to recover expenses and conserve natural resources while keeping their units rented and their residents happy.”
National Water & Power’s EIS+ encompasses the following services:
* Outsourced bill processing and payment- Professional management of payables at half the normal processing costs. Major benefits include on-time payments, avoidance of late charges and duplicate payment of bills, and pursuit of missing bills.
* Utility data presentment- Internet access to comparative and trend data revealing property consumption patterns and analysis of regional rates and tariffs to improve budgeting and forecasting.
* Utility bill auditing and rate and tariff analysis- Assures that utility charges are both accurate and best-rate priced.
* Vacant management and recovery- Recovers utility costs inappropriately billed to the property owner rather than the resident.
* Commodity consulting- Helps property owners reduce utility costs by offering alternate sources of more competitive pricing.
* Demand-side management- Reviews facility operations to ensure efficient use of energy resources.
About National Water & Power
National Water & Power, a division of NWP Services Corp. headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., provides a broad range of utility billing, collections and resident care solutions to the multifamily real estate industry. As the largest and fastest growing billing services provider in the country, National Water & Power’s billing and submetering operations service properties in 39 states for some of the country’s largest real estate investment trusts (REITs), fee managers, real estate partnerships, and individual property owners. Additional information is available at www.nwpco.com.
About FirstEnergy Solutions
FirstEnergy Solutions, a supplier of energy and related products and services, provides electricity and natural gas to many major Fortune 1,000 customers. FirstEnergy Corp. is a registered public utility holding company. Its various subsidiaries and affiliates are involved with the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity; exploration and production of oil and natural gas; transmission and marketing of natural gas; and energy management and other energy-related services. For more information about FirstEnegry Solutions, please visit the Web site at www.firstenergysolutions.com.