Ector County Energy has brought online the 346 MW Ector County natural gas power plant in Texas and that two-unit project represents the only gas-fired electric generation brought online during September, according to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
The natural gas peaker project is affiliated with Invenergy.
Meanwhile, 448 MW of new wind power and 20 MW of solar energy for utilities were deployed during the month, according to the regular energy infrastructure update from FERC‘s Office of Energy Projects.
Through the first nine months of 2015, there has been 7,276 MW of new power generating capacity installed in the United States. That continues to be well behind the 2014 pace when 10,597 MW were installed during the same period.
While natural gas power installations (2,884 MW) are less than half of the nine-month total from 2014 (5,808 MW), wind power deployment is up so far in 2015. There has been 2,966 MW of new wind power deployed in the first nine months of 2015 compared to 2,030 MW during the first three-quarters of 2014.
Here is a rundown of the renewable energy projects commissioned during September as reported by FERC:
* Rattlesnake Wind I’s 211 MW CPV Rattlesnake Den Wind I Project in Glasscock County, Texas is online. Phase II is expected to come online in 2016.
* Logans Gap Wind’s 211 MW Logans Gap Wind I Project in Comanche County, Texas is online. The power generated is sold to Walmart under long-term contract.
* Saddleback Ridge Wind’s 25.6 MW Saddleback Ridge Wind Phase 2 Expansion Project in Franklin County, ME is online. Phase 1 with 8.5 MW came online in 2014.
* Solar Star California XXXI’s 7.5 MW Tequesquite Landfill Solar Project in Riverside County, CA is online. The power generated is sold to Riverside Public Utilities under long-term contract.
* Kinston Davis Farm’s 5 MW Kinston Davis Solar Farm Project in Lenoir County, NC is online. The power generated is sold to Duke Energy Progress under long-term contract.
* Indiana Municipal Power Agency’s 3 MW Crawfordsville Solar Park Project in Montgomery County, IN is online.
* SolarCity’s 1.9 MW Oneida DPW Solar Project in Oneida County, NY is online.
* Bloomberg LP’s 1.5 MW JFK Airport Park Solar Project in Queens County, NY is online.
* Granger Energy Services’ 3.2 MW Orchard Hill LFG Phase 2 Expansion Project in Berrien County, MI is online. Phase 1 with 3.2 MW came online in 2013.