NF Energy Saving Corp. invests in biomass project in China

Shenyang, China, October 25, 2010 – NF Energy Saving Corp. signed an agreement with the Gaizhou municipal government’s Gaizhou Gas Industry Co. to jointly invest in the Gaizhou Biomass Gas Supply Project.

Construction for the Gaizhou Biomass Gas Supply Project is expected to take two years to complete. Once fully operational, the project is projected to generate revenue of up to about $14.1 million and save 40,600 tons of standard coal per year.

The total cost of the project is expected to amount to about $35.5 million. The two companies will split revenues generated from the project according to their respective investments, with NF Energy investing 62.2 percent of the capital required over a two-year time frame and Gaizhou Gas contributing the remaining 37.8 percent. NF Energy will be responsible for managing the project, including project design and construction.

“This project represents an important milestone in China’s campaign to become more energy efficient and promote emission reductions,” said  Gang Li, NF Energy’s CEO. “As a large agricultural country, China is rich in biomass raw material, including agricultural garbage and animal waste, with an estimated 5 billion tons nationwide. Furthermore, we expect the Chinese government to continue to provide preferential policies in the promotion of biomass energy development. As a leader in the energy saving and emission reduction industries, NF Energy is well positioned to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the near future in this fast-growing market.”

NF Energy Saving Corp. is a China-based provider of integrated energy conservation solutions utilizing energy-saving equipment, technical services and energy management re-engineering project operations to provide energy saving services to clients.

The company’s customers are mainly concentrated in the electrical generation (large-scale thermal power generation, hydroelectric power, wind power and nuclear power), water supply and heat supply industries. The majority of revenues are from energy efficient flow control equipment and energy efficiency projects.

Previous articleGE wins natural gas turbine combined cycle order in India
Next articleQuanta Services buys Valard Construction

No posts to display