Pavilion Energy Resources proposes offshore wind project for Japan

Los Angeles, November 3, 2009 — Pavilion Energy Resources is a 10 percent equity partner in a joint venture to develop a wind energy project in multiple locations adjacent to its coastline in the Sea of Japan, Sea of Okhotsk and Pacific Ocean.

The proposal calls for installing at least twenty-five, 10,000 MW wind farms over a twenty-five year period that would generate 250 GW per hour.

The turbines incorporated in the venture proposal are based on the proprietary wind accelerating technology invented by Peter Sterling, Pavilion’s president and CEO.

These turbines generate 400 percent more turbine power per dollar of capital than existing technology. This technology makes very-large-scale, offshore, wind power farms with slower average wind speeds more than economical.

Pavilion is an emerging, energy development company focused on developing large-scale, wind power projects in the U.S. and abroad. Current wind power proposals are pending in California, Oregon, Texas and Japan.

Previous articleEnspiria Solutions included in Microsoft Smart Energy Reference Architecture
Next articleOwnEnergy and The National Farmers Union Service Association Announce Strategic Partnership

Pavilion Energy Resources explores offshore wind sites in Texas


Los Angeles, October 29, 2009 — Pavilion Energy Resources became a 10 percent equity partner in a joint venture that has submitted a multi-billion dollar proposal to the state of Texas to develop a wind energy project off the coast of South Padre Island.

The turbines incorporated in the venture’s proposal are based on the proprietary wind accelerating technology invented by Peter Sterling, Pavilion’s president and CEO.

These turbines generate 400 percent more turbine power per dollar of capital than existing technology. This technology makes very-large-scale, offshore, wind power farms with slower average wind speeds, as is the case in Texas, more than economical. The project award is expected to be made within the next one to two years.

This 25-year project, referred to as the Texas Coastal Clean Power Project, requires the manufacturing, installation and operation of at least 5 wind farms, each of which generates approximately 10,000 MW of electricity per hour for a total of 50 GW per hour.

The wholesale value of the electricity from each 10 GW facility is about $2.5 billion to $5.0 billion per year. The JV’s proposal offers to pay the Texas state government a 1 percent royalty for ten years, rising to 2 percent after ten years in net electricity revenue from the wind farm.

Upon receiving an award, the JV intends to secure available U.S. government clean energy grants for 30 percent of the project’s construction costs and low-interest, loan guarantees from the government to finance the remaining 70 percent of the project’s cost.


Pavilion is an alternative energy company specializing in the acquisition of offshore wind farm locations, which typically produce twice as much wind as on-shore locations in the same region.