Palatine, Ill., May 8, 2012 – Schneider Electric announced U.S. availability of its new EVlink DC Quick Charger for electric vehicles.
As part of Schneider Electric‘s line of EV charging stations, the new EVlink DC Quick Charger further expands Schneider Electric’s reach to EV drivers and stakeholders in settings such as public parking, shopping malls, gas stations and rest stops, fleet applications, car sharing programs and rental companies.
As states such as California promote the use of EVs, with Gov. Jerry Brown recently signing an executive order laying the foundation for 1.5 million zero-emission vehicles on California’s roadways by 2025, there is more need for DC quick chargers.
Schneider Electric offers a comprehensive range of energy management solutions to meet EV charging station owners’ needs – from EV charging station infrastructure, upstream distribution equipment, energy data collection to building management systems and smart grid applications.
Schneider Electric’s EVlink DC Quick Charger provides a simple, efficient and safe way to quickly charge electric vehicles. Features include:
* Quick charge: Takes less than 30 minutes to charge a typical battery to 80 percent, allowing users to get back on the road in a matter of minutes.
* Simple and reliable: Easy-to-use charger is built with proven and trusted industry leading Schneider Electric components such as the enclosure and drives.
* Authentication: Offers options for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) authentication or credit card payment system.
* Installation and maintenance services: Schneider Electric offers advanced services to support pre-install and installed-base services allowing for optimum installation, management, and maintenance of the charger.
* Standards compliance: Meets UL ratings to ensure proper safety for the user and the vehicle. The EVlink DC Quick Charger is currently CHAdeMO-compliant and will incorporate the SAE J1772 combo-coupler when the standard is finalized and released.