ENGIE North America bought six mechanical services companies from the Talen Energy Group.
The companies, B-G Mechanical Contractors, B-G Mechanical Services, Elmsford Sheet Metal Works, Inc., Fred Williams, Inc., H.T. Lyons, and TryState Mechanical are based in Pennsylvania, New York, and New England and together employ 750 people.
This acquisition provides ENGIE a platform to deliver mechanical contracting services to commercial and industrial and public sector customers in a dynamic region characterized by high energy intensity and seasonal demand, with a complementary commercial and regulatory framework that supports energy efficiency and carbon reduction.
These companies have direct relationships with owners and operators of complex mechanical systems to provide them with a single point of contact for a range of services including:
· Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)/Plumbing system design, build, and installation;
· HVAC service and preventative maintenance (including inspections, cleaning, and replacement of critical systems);
· Energy efficiency solutions (computer-aided design, implementation of energy efficiency controls and equipment);
· Plant maintenance and process piping;
· Building Management Systems (BMS) and Building Information Modeling (BIM); and
· Sheet metal
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment consumes a substantial portion of energy in commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings (up to about 40 percent), prompting growth in demand for operations and maintenance services to optimize systems or replace them all together with more efficient ones.
In addition to designing, building, and installing new systems, ENGIE’s objective is to grow the recurring operation and maintenance services of this six company platform by leveraging ENGIE’s O&M expertise. As well, ENGIE will look to cross sell other ENGIE North America C&I energy solutions to these companies’ customers which span the technology, healthcare, commercial/office, industrial, and institutional sectors.