Powerley’s new platform is the first and only smart home solution to provide real-time energy usage data while offering the full functionality of an automated home in one interface.
Powerley, the utility-led smart home technology pioneer, today introduced the next generation of its platform at DistribuTECH. Initially launched in 2015, Powerley’s new platform is the first and only smart home solution to provide real-time energy usage data while offering the full functionality of an automated home in one interface.
“With our new introduction, Powerley is realizing the vision of connecting the smart grid to the smart home – addressing utility needs for energy efficiency, peak load management and customer loyalty while unlocking revenue streams from the smart home,” said Manoj Kumar, CEO of Powerley. “We believe that utilities are best positioned as the trusted channel to proliferate the smart home and with our new release we have put them in the driver’s seat.”
Working with leading energy companies DTE Energy, AEP Ohio and BC Hydro among others, Powerley is now available to over 5 million households. This latest evolution of Powerley’s platform builds upon the company’s leadership in energy management – enabling energy utilities to drive energy efficiency and customer engagement while also building new connected revenue streams. Powerley continues to deliver positive impacts across these key areas of focus, including:
· Energy Efficiency: Powerley’s unique energy efficiency solution provides real-time (updated every three seconds) whole house energy visualization and coaching – catalyzing behavioral change and delivering 7X – 10X energy savings compared to traditional programs.
· Actionable Accuracy: The next generation solution breaks down whole house consumption enabling real-time load identification with unprecedented accuracy (>95 percent) to deliver device and appliance specific coaching, monitoring and control.
· Elevated Engagement: In creating a new relationship with energy, Powerley has elevated customer engagement – averaging 427 events each month per household, resulting in tangible impacts to customer satisfaction scores.
· Intelligent DR: Through Powerley, utilities can execute intelligent demand response programs that go beyond HVAC, extending across all connected devices, and configurable to multiple types of programs – while offering real-time consumer event approvals.
· New Revenue Streams: The latest evolution of Powerley’s platform provides a complete smart home experience from which utilities can offer connected solutions – positioning utilities within a smart home market which is expected to surpass $171 billion by 2022.
Powerley enables homeowners to manage their energy and their home via mobile, wearables and voice – with availability on Amazon Alexa. With a constant connection to the home’s smart meter, the Powerley Energy Bridge enables real-time energy usage data for the whole home and every connected appliance and device within it. The Energy Bridge also serves as the hub to communicate with smart devices in the home – providing “Bring Your Own Device” flexibility to interact with many of the popular smart home devices in the market, such as Amazon Echo, ecobee3, Schlage Door Locks, and many more. The solution can be completely utility-branded, offering an opportunity to extend the utility’s brand into the experience.
“Working with Powerley, we are transforming energy into an entirely new customer experience,” said Dave Meador, Vice Chairman of DTE Energy. “In addition to driving significant levels of energy efficiency and elevating customer satisfaction, Powerley is helping DTE Energy redefine our business as our connected world continues to evolve. Our customers tell us they love being able to manage their energy consumption with the Powerley app and now with the same app they can manage their home.”
Powerley will be located at booth #947 at DistribuTECH, taking place from Jan. 31 through Feb. 2 in San Diego. The company’s exhibit will feature its full connected home solution through live camera feeds, walking attendees through the platform’s capabilities in a customer’s home. Powerley leadership will also be available at the booth to discuss the company’s full range of energy management solutions.