Baton Rouge, La., April 6, 2010 — Shaw Group Inc. won a contract from the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources to design, implement and oversee the State Energy Program and the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program. Both programs are funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Under the scope of its contract, Shaw will provide design, implementation, oversight and program management services for the following programs, which outline large-scale energy efficiency goals for Louisiana:
* State Buildings: Meets the existing energy efficiency goals for state facilities, office buildings and complexes.
* Home Energy Rebate Option: Increases new home energy efficiency through performance incentives and encourages energy efficiency retrofitting of existing homes through rebates.
* Transportation Efficiency and Alternative Fuels: Defrays the cost of converting traditional mass transit buses, school buses and other fleet vehicles to compressed natural gas vehicles, and encourages the deployment of energy efficient lighting with light-emitting diode traffic lights and photovoltaic-powered street lighting.
* Renewables: Encourages the deployment of commercially available renewable energy resources in the state.
* Energy Star Appliance Rebate: Encourages the purchase of Energy Star-qualified appliances among the state’s residents through rebates.
* Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program: Provides funding to develop and implement projects to improve energy efficiency and reduce fossil fuel emissions.
Shaw will work with the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources to process more than $75 million in grant funds for energy efficiency and sustainability to eligible applicants.
The amount included in Shaw’s Environmental & Infrastructure segment’s backlog of unfilled orders in the second quarter of fiscal year 2010 was undisclosed.