EPRI is making public a new report from its Technology Innovation (TI) program. “The Technology Innovation Prospectus” features more than 40 emerging electricity industry technologies that are being developed through the program, which looks at promising concepts for early-stage research and development (R&D) and applied innovation on behalf of the global electricity enterprise. Potential breakthrough technologies are then fast-tracked toward commercialization through accelerated R&D in collaboration with EPRI’s members and other stakeholders.
“The Technology Innovation Prospectus” provides information on the status, remaining development hurdles and potential benefits of various electric industry technologies, including:
- The next-gen electric heat pump
- The gas boom
- Molybdenum-based fuel cladding – improved accident tolerance for nuclear plants
- Fire from ice – gas hydrate resource assessment
- Cascaded hydropower plant optimization
- Carbon capture process modeling