Electric Light & Power magazine is accepting nominations for utility CEOs of the Year until Oct. 1, 2014. Nominations are being accepted in two categories:
- Small Utility CEO of the Year (fewer than 400,000 customers); and
- Large Utility CEO of the Year (400,000 customers or more).
The magazine will honor two utility CEOs of the Year during the Electric Light & Power Executive Conference, Feb. 2 and 3, 2015, in San Diego.
Judges will select winners based on essays that address:
- How does the CEO help the industry?
- What sustainability initiatives does the CEO support?
- How does the CEO maintain profits?
- How does the CEO keep employees happy and engaged?
- How does the CEO support philanthropic causes or help others outside of work?
- What is the CEO’s company vision?
- What else sets the CEO a part?
Anyone, including eligible CEOs, may submit by Oct. 1, 2014, a completed entry form and essay of no more than 1,000 words detailing one’s qualifications for Electric Light & Power Utility CEO of the Year. Eligible electricity utility CEOs must have been employed as such between Jan. 1 and Oct. 1, 2014. The entry form must be filled out in its entirety.
Award winners will be recognized in person during the Electric Light & Power Executive Conference in San Diego and in an exclusive Electric Light & Power feature article. The two winners will work with an Electric Light & Power editor to develop an article and possibly a short awards video between Oct. 1, 2014, and the POWERGRID International and Electric Light & Power Awards Dinner on the evening of Feb. 2, 2015. High-resolution photos will be required.
Email your questions to Senior Editor at Kristen Wright email@example.com.