Electric Light & Power magazine will name a large utility and a small utility CEO of the Year in addition to our Projects of the Year Awards this year at DistribuTECH Conference and Exhibition 2014 in San Antonio — but we need your help.
Time is running out to make your nominations, so if you have a utility CEO who you believe stands out, let us know before September 30, 2013. The online submission form is available here.
Nominations will be accepted in two categories:
· Small Utility CEO of the Year (fewer than 400,000 customers)
· Large Utility CEO of the Year (400,000 customers or more)
Anyone, including eligible CEOs, can make nominations. All we need from you is a completed entry form and a short essay of no more than 1,000 words describing what sets this CEO apart from the rest.
Judges will select winners based on essays that address:
· How does the CEO help the industry?
· What sustainability initiatives does the CEO support?
· How does the CEO maintain profits?
· How does the CEO keep employees happy and engaged?
· How does the CEO support philanthropic causes or help others outside of work?
· What is the CEO’s company vision?
· What else sets the CEO apart?
So let us know how your CEO keeps profits high and employees and customer happy while being a respected citizen — all while keeping the lights on.
Also look for features about the winners in upcoming issues of Electric Light & Power magazine and here on the website. The awards will be presented Monday, January 27 during the Electric Light & Power Executive Conference, in San Antonio, Texas.
Eligible electricity utility CEOs must have been employed as such between January 1 and November 1, 2013. Entry form must be filled out in its entirety.
The two winners will work with an Electric Light & Power editor to develop an article and possibly a short award video between Nov. 1, 2013, and the POWERGRID International and Electric Light & Power magazines award banquet on the evening of Jan. 27, 2014. High-resolution photos will be required.