SALARY: $35.76 – $49.18 Hourly
Opening Date: 2/13/18
Closing Date: 3/13/18 5:00 PM
Three years or more of engineering related experience.
Three years of course work in a Board-approved engineering curriculum (any curriculum approved by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Foreign degrees are not ABET accredited unless they are from an accredited Canadian school). An equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential job functions and provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
Knowledge of basic principles and practices of electrical engineering theory and design; electrical system and conduit analysis theory; basic methods, materials, and techniques used in electrical engineering projects including those used in the design and construction of projects; principles of mathematics as applied to engineering calculations; principles and practices of business correspondence and technical report preparation; office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet applications, and specialized engineering software programs; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
Ability to perform a variety of professional electrical engineering functions; perform technical research; read and interpret technical literature, drawings, diagrams, and schematics; operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and specialized engineering software programs; prepare electrical engineering design computations with speed and accuracy; prepare engineering plans, specifications, and estimates for electric utility projects; prepare clear and concise administrative and technical reports; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
License/Certification Required: Possession of an appropriate, valid driver’s license. Possession of an Engineering-in-Training certificate is required within 18 months of date of appointment.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR ENGINEERING-IN-TRAINING CERTIFICATE IF YOU HAVE ONE
Assistant Power Engineer Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering?
* 2. If no, and you are in the process of obtaining one, when do you expect to complete this degree?
– withing 6 months – more than 6 months – I do not plan on attending this degree
* 3. Please state what institution it was obtained or are in the process of obtaining, if none write “N/A”. :
* 4. Does your degree or curriculum have an emphasis in Power Systems?
* 5. Please list any power systems related courses you have competed or currently taking.
* 6. Have you obtained an Engineering in Training certificate?
* 7. If applicable, have you uploaded a copy of your Engineering in Training certificate with the application?
* 8. How many years of related engineering experience do you possess:
* 9. If less than three (3) years of engineering experience, do you possess three years of course work in a Board-approved engineering curriculum (any curriculum approved by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Foreign degrees are not ABET accredited unless they are from an accredited Canadian school).
* 10. If yes, please indicate the institution where the course work was obtained and the amount of credits (state quarter or semester) earned.
* Required Question