Orlando, Fla., Aug. 6, 2009 – Siemens Energy announces that Burbank Water and Power (BWP) has chosen to implement eMeter EnergyIP meter data management system (MDMS) software for its smart grid project.
BWP selected EnergyIP to support current and future applications and business processes enabled by advanced metering infrastructure.
EnergyIP will also support load control programs initially including improvement of BWP’s energy management and conservation through the reliable and timely delivery of interval data from electric meter reads for load control decision making and the prompt verification that usage did change in response to the load control events.
Burbank Water and Power anticipates future business benefits including:
- Significantly enhanced service to utility customers including improved billing accuracy; faster customer response and more efficient customer service; immediate (on-demand) move-in /move-out meter reads; remote meter connect/disconnect; improved reliability; and outage management.
- Improved operational efficiency and reduced costs through reliable interval data from electric and water meter reads for time-of-use pricing programs, prompt notification of leaks, tampering and theft and distribution load analysis.
- Provision of end-customer messages and timely utility information in the home or business, thereby empowering BWP residential customers and businesses to control utility usage and costs.
- Availability of data analytics to help BWP manage load and system assets during and post deployment.
- Ability to track and manage peripheral assets such as plug-in vehicles.
EnergyIP’s open architecture solution and Siemens’ extensive support services and knowledge of the marketplace will successfully enable BWP to implement its desired MDMS solution–one that delivers benefits in the areas of information management, workflow management, operational efficiencies, higher customer satisfaction and peak load management.
Siemens is a direct reseller of EnergyIP providing a global sales and delivery channel including installation, configuration, and first line support for EnergyIP.
Siemens provides smart grid solutions along the entire energy conversion chain from planning and consulting to the products and services required to enable the grid to operate intelligently. And Siemens also incorporates solutions for commercial and industrial applications as well as smart homes including building automation, IT systems integration, advanced lighting technology and energy efficient appliances for a comprehensive smart grid solution.