LONG BEACH, Calif., Sept. 21 — Comverge Inc., an energy intelligence company, and Emerson Climate Technologies, a business of Emerson Electric Company, have announced the production ready release of a demand response-capable thermostat platform for electric utility peak load management programs, such as the California based Automated Metering Initiatives (AMI), that integrate demand response with automated meter reading.
Developed jointly by the two companies, the programmable digital thermostat features an integrated wireless communications module and can be used in commercial or residential applications for peak load management. The release of this product provides a solution capable of satisfying the requirements of a wide variety of customer requirements — including direct load control, price response and critical peak pricing load management models used to manage peak energy.
The Comverge/White-Rodgers thermostat platform provides all of the features required for effective demand response programs. These include:
* Traditional load management cycling control strategies and advanced price response solutions.
* Upgradeability from one load management program structure to another without a site visit.
* Compatibility with a wide variety of HVAC systems within a single thermostat product.
* Simple installation using a power stealing design that doesn’t require installation of any components in the HVAC air handler.
* Extremely easy for homeowners to use, with advanced programming, a large, easy-to-use digital backlit display.
* Single solution that can be used for commercial and residential applications.