The Peak Load Management Alliance (PLMA) recently announced awards for the best electric demand response programs offered in the past year. PLMA was formed to promote the concept of reducing electricity demand in response to pricing signals in the marketplace.
“There are a lot of innovative and creative demand reduction programs being operated this year,” said Elliot Boardman, PLMA’s executive director.
The awards were given based on the following criteria: results (the value of reductions during peak periods); customer satisfaction; program clarity, flexibility and ease of participation; program management; customer education; innovative use of demand response or communication technology; management of program or customer performance information; cost effectiveness.
The categories and award winners were:
- Investor-owned utility: (tie) Cinergy and Baltimore Gas & Electric
- Municipal utility: North Carolina Power Authority No. 1
- Cooperative: Community Energy Cooperative, Chicago
- ISO/RTO: New England ISO/Retx
- Government Entity: Bonneville Power/The Demand Exchange