Job Description — Director/VP of Transmission, Distribution and Substation Engineering
ExecuPOWER has an opportunity for an experienced leader within the Power industry to join an engineering consulting firm in King of Prussia, PA. This position is for a Director/VP level professional looking to further their career, focused in providing engineering services to utilities for transmission, distribution and substation projects. We are looking for an outstanding professional that has consulting, business development skills, and industry contacts combined with a strong technical foundation and field experience within the Power industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Minimum of 15+ years of successful consulting experience with energy clients and projects with a strong emphasis on electric transmission and distribution lines
· Proven relationships with T&D clients and a successful track record in business development including marketing of consulting services, proposal preparation and client development
· Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value and quality service.
· Direct and participate in professional conferences to market services to potential clients.
· Assist in the identification and recruitment of key staff and managers.
· Build, grow and manage a high-performance engineering team serving as a leader and mentor.
· Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential.
· Support growth and development for ExecuPOWER. Actively collaborate with colleagues in the industry to make certain the company is obtaining maximum benefit to our clients.
· Drive quality and innovation within the industry to stay ahead of the clients’ needs and differentiate ExecuPOWER from other competitors.
· Meet financial targets, overall project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations and contractual requirements.
· Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organization
· Assist the COO in the development of standard operating procedures
· Bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical) from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
· Maintain one or more active Professional Engineers License(s), preferably in various states (PA, DE, MD, DC, NJ and NY)
· 10 or more years of transmission, distribution and substation design experience with 5 or more years related to project management
· Previous experience in a senior leadership position providing oversight to engineering related design activities for transmission and distribution line projects
· Strong project management skills and experience with transmission and distribution lines including managing projects, interfacing with state and federal regulators, providing technical oversight and providing expert testimony
· Field Construction experience
· Possess strong written/verbal communications
· Ability and willingness to travel to various client and work sites throughout the mid-Atlantic region as required
· Proven client development skills and relationships