Duke Energy Corp. announced several executive changes to further strengthen the ability of the nation’s largest electric utility to quickly achieve financial and operational efficiencies resulting from its merger with Progress Energy.
· Lloyd Yates is executive vice president of regulated utilities. Yates was executive vice president of customer operations.
· Marc Manly is executive vice president and president of commercial businesses. Manly was executive vice president and chief legal officer.
· Chuck Whitlock, interim president of commercial businesses since July, is returning to his previous role as president of Midwest commercial generation.
· Julie Janson is executive vice president and chief legal officer. Janson was state president of Duke Energy Ohio and Duke Energy Kentucky.
· Jim Henning is state president of Duke Energy Ohio and Duke Energy Kentucky. Henning was vice president of government and regulatory affairs for Duke Energy Ohio and Duke Energy Kentucky.
· Keith Trent is executive vice president and chief operating officer of regulated utilities, comprising: customer operations; regulated fossil generation; regulated hydroelectric generation; health and safety; environmental; fuels and system optimization; and central engineering and services. Trent was executive vice president of regulated utilities.
· Dhiaa Jamil, executive vice president and chief nuclear officer, is overseeing companywide project management and construction, in addition to his current duties.
“Each of our leaders is experienced, versatile and highly respected within the energy industry,” said Jim Rogers, Duke Energy CEO. “All have played a variety of key roles at Duke Energy, its predecessor companies or other corporations in the past. Collectively, they represent an outstanding senior leadership team that will guide Duke Energy in 2013 and beyond. Jeff Lyash is a talented leader and I want to personally thank him for his service to our company and wish him well in his future endeavors.”