DENVER, March 29, 2005 — har*GIS Field Information Systems announced the release of an enhanced version of TruckMap*, the company’s flagship software for field force automation. TruckMap* is a vendor-independent suite of mobile and wireless work tools designed to simplify field operations and complex work flows for utilities, government agencies and route services companies with distributed assets and customers.
The 5.0 release incorporates several new, integrated, re-usable components, including GPS and click-forms for field inventory, high-performance wireless database updates and distributed database access. New features and major enhancements to TruckMap* 5.0 include:
* User-definable GeoFormsâ„- enable faster, more accurate field data entry so that field personnel can readily access and manage inspection, maintenance and work-order information using field devices receiving data from enterprise computing systems
* Distributed database access automatically joins corporate database records with geographic records in the field to provide access to customer, facility and work order information.
* Field crews can now obtain accurate facility locations and right-of-way information using standard, handheld survey and GPS equipment.
* Enhancements in wireless functionality enable real-time display of corporate database changes on field devices, including changes in crew status, location, trouble calls, field notes, map updates and operation events such as SCADA and switching.
The 5.0 release also supports several new industry-specific field application programs, including:
* DisCo MobileViewâ„-: Mobile map view and database query
* TransCo Inspectorâ„-: Transmission line inspection
* Asset Maintainerâ„-: asset maintenance, inventory and inspection
* Automated vehicle location, routing, tracking and logging
About har*GIS Field Information Systems [ www.truckmap.com ]
har*GIS provides field information software that makes it possible to display data from any number of mapping or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) on inexpensive, handheld wireless field devices and then dynamically download and upload the customer, facility network, outage, asset and materials information needed to efficiently complete an unlimited variety of field operations.
The technology combines wireless communications, enterprise information systems, and location-based services to deliver information and support to mobile field crews and dispatchers, using standard Windows® Mobile and PC computers. TruckMap* enables utility, local government, telecommunications and route services businesses to extend the value of their corporate information investments to the mobile work force, boosting productivity both in the office and in the field, while also improving the accuracy and timeliness of field inspections, work management and trouble response.