SPOKANE, WA – June 22, 2004 – Itron Inc. announced that it will host a free Webinar focusing on Itron’s Distribution Asset Optimization solution (DAO) from 9 to 10 am, (PST) Tuesday, June 29th.
Bill Browning, Senior Engineer from Oklahoma Gas & Electric will host the 60-minute program, discussing OG&E’s distribution planning challenges and their need to improve processes. Participants will learn how the DAO solution helps OG&E to:
* Streamline access and reduce redundant data entry of information-less time data gathering, more time planning;
* Use bank load and feeder load shapes to evaluate economics of assets and illustrate density and growth of T&D load by geographic area;
* Increase accuracy and consistency of planning and protection coordination studies;
* Improve distribution planning by normalizing historical loading for differences in weather and switching configuration;
* Forecast future loads on a consistent basis.
Itron’s DAO solution provides a comprehensive, system-wide view of actual hourly asset loading at every level of the distribution system, using a utility’s existing customer load and SCADA information. The Webinar is created with distribution planners, GIS engineers, distribution engineers, asset managers and distribution operators in mind.
To register online, go to: www.itron.com/ems/oge. You can also register by calling 877-749-9400. Web log-in and dial-in instructions will be provided upon registration.
Itron is a leading technology provider and critical source of knowledge to the global energy and water industries. More than 2,800 utilities worldwide rely on Itron technology to deliver the knowledge they require to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Itron delivers value to its clients by providing industry-leading solutions for meter data collection, energy information management, demand side management and response, load forecasting, analysis and consulting services, transmission and distribution system design and optimization, web-based workforce automation, C&I customer care, enterprise and residential energy management. To know more, start here: ww.itron.com