Lafayette, IN, Mar. 31, 2006 — Landis+Gyr released, for sale, its factory installed version of the radio frequency (RF) based AirPoint MX automatic meter reading (AMR) endpoint, which combines Hunt Technologies’ ERT-equivalent AirPoint module with Landis+Gyr’s electromechanical MX meter platform.
The install-ready endpoint is a direct replacement for the Itron 41ER-1 ERT MX endpoint. Hunt’s AirPoint technology provides the same features and functions as the Itron 41ER-1 ERT and is designed to interface with the Itron Mobile Collection System 1.0 and 2.0, as well as off-site collection systems.
In addition to providing compatibility with existing mobile reading systems deployed by Itron, according to Landis+Gyr, the AirPoint MX endpoint provides the following features and advantages:
* Low-cost implementation with rapid ROI
* Proven technology
* Direct register reads
* Alert of energy theft and meter tampering
* Revenue assurance
* Successful load profiling and forecasting
Introduction of Landis+Gyr’s factory-installed version of the AirPoint MX endpoint also provides buyers four options by which they can purchase AirPoint modules and MX meters, and by which the components can be combined into a single endpoint.
Four purchase options for the AirPoint MX endpoint include:
* Purchase factory-installed, complete endpoints from Landis+Gyr.
* Purchase modules and meters separately, consigning modules to Landis+Gyr for installation.
* Purchase modules and meters separately, consigning meters to Hunt Technologies for installation at a certified, third-party installation center.
* Purchase modules and meters separately, retrofitting meters in-house using utility-employed meter technicians.