FORT COLLINS, Colo., — Miner & Miner, a Telvent company, is pleased to announce that the ArcFMà¢â€ž- Solution 9.1 is now available. The ArcFM Solution is an enterprise solution for editing, modeling, maintenance, and management of facility and landbase information for electric, gas, and water/wastewater utilities. ArcFM Solution 9.1 is being released concurrently with ESRI’s ArcGIS 9.1, and supports both ArcGIS 9.0 and 9.1.
The ArcFM Solution 9.1 introduces the following new products to the solution suite:
* ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine is a powerful, yet inexpensive, visualization and analysis solution built with ArcGIS Engine. The multiple document user interface and broad array of network tracing tools are a few of the features that make for an intuitive and robust product. In addition, developers can customize ArcFM Viewer using industry-standard programming languages.
* ArcFM Viewer Redliner Extension allows field and enterprise users to leverage the benefits of ArcFM Viewer with the additional capability of sketching. The use of graphics, text, and digital ink allows for the efficient capture and communication of information without the need to edit features.
* ArcFM Engine and ArcFM Server augment ESRI’s new ArcGIS Engine and ArcGIS Server products and provide developers with ArcFM components for building custom GIS applications or embedding GIS functionality in existing applications.
This latest release improves performance and extends the existing products in a number of key areas:
* Graphics Tab has been added to ArcFM, Designer, and the Redliner Extension and facilitates the efficient placement of graphics and text elements on a map.
* Template Favorite Tool now allows users to create template favorites with choice lists for feature placement and prompting for attribute values.
* History Function has been added to Workflow Manager, which allows the user to view the history of a work request or design.
* Mobile Administration tools have been added to reduce the configuration requirements for mobile deployments.
“The ArcFM Solution 9.1 is a reflection of our deep commitment to our user community and close working relationship with ESRI,” says Michael Daniels, Vice President of Product Development.
About Miner & Miner
Miner & Miner (M&M), a Telvent company, is a world leader in the development and implementation of GIS software for utilities. M&M’s ArcFM Solution and extended services assist electric, gas, water, and wastewater utilities in increasing productivity, lowering costs, and improving services by allowing them to effectively manage spatial information. Founded in 1946 as a full-service electrical engineering firm, M&M has been a business partner of ESRI since 1987. This partnership has enabled M&M to become the world’s leading developer of ArcGIS applications for the utility industry. M&M services include implementation and customization of software to fit the needs of individual utilities.
Telvent, the Global RealTime IT Company, specializes in high value-added solutions for four specific industrial sectors (Energy, Traffic, Transport and Environment) in Europe, North America, Latin America and China.