Fort Collins, CO, April 5, 2006 — Miner & Miner, a Telvent company, announced the release of the ArcFM Solution version 9.1.2. The ArcFM Solution is an enterprise solution for editing, modeling, maintenance, and management of facility information for electric, gas, and water/wastewater utilities.
The latest release extends the solution in the following ways:
* ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine has been enhanced and simplified to optimize the user experience both in the field and on the desktop. A routing and direction tool, support for GPS, an overview window, a measure tool, map tab synchronization, and a map export tool have all been added. Support for gestures is also included. This allows users to navigate the map and select features using a tablet PC stylus.
* The Redliner Extension, which supports the placement of digital ink and graphics, is available on the ArcGIS Engine platform.
* Additional tracing functionality has been added for gas, water, and electric models. This includes better pipe isolation functionality as well as the option for buffering trace results graphically.
* Responder outage management system functionality has been increased through improvements to the web interface, statistical reporting, and outage history management.
* System configuration and administration has been simplified.
* Additional developer samples have been included along with improved implementation guide documentation.