NAPLES, Fla., May 8, 2002 — The Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI) has re-elected Christian H. Poindexter, chairman, Constellation Energy Group, chairman of its board of directors for a one-year term, effective immediately.
Donald C. Hintz, president, Entergy Corp., was elected vice-chairman of NEI. NEI also elected one new member to its board of directors, re-elected six members and elected two new members to the board’s Executive Committee.
Newly elected members of NEI’s Executive Committee, which sets broad policy for the industry, are:
* Alan J. Fohrer, chairman and CEO, Southern California Edison Co.; and
* Michael B. Sellman, president and CEO, Nuclear Management Co.
Re-elected to the Executive Committee for three-year terms are H. Peter Burg, chairman and CEO, FirstEnergy Corp., W. George Hairston III, president and CEO, Southern Nuclear Operating Co.; and Donald C. Hintz, president, Entergy Corp.
The newly elected board member is Robert E. Prince, president and CEO, Duratek Inc. Prince will serve a three-year term.
The re-elected board members, who also will serve three-year terms, are:
* Michael A. McMurphy, president and CEO, COGEMA, Inc.;
* Charles W. Pryor Jr., president and CEO, Westinghouse Electric Co.;
* Mark T. Savoff, president, General Electric Nuclear Energy;
* William H. Timbers, president and CEO, USEC Inc.;
* George D. Turner, president and CEO, American Nuclear Insurers; and
* Paul L. Wattelet, chairman, president and CEO, Sargent & Lundy, L.L.C
U.S. nuclear power plant licensees and representatives of other companies involved in nuclear technologies are members of the NEI board of directors. Members of the board and its Executive Committee typically serve three-year terms, and officers are elected annually.
The following NEI officers were re-elected:
* Joe F. Colvin, president and chief executive officer;
* Angelina S. Howard, executive vice president;
* Ralph E. Beedle, Marvin S. Fertel and John E. Kane, senior vice presidents;
* Robert W. Bishop, Linda L. Nahin, J. Scott Peterson, and Phyllis M. Rich vice presidents; and
* Robert W. Bishop, secretary; and
* Linda L. Nahin, treasurer.
The Nuclear Energy Institute is the nuclear energy industry’s Washington-based policy organization. This news release and additional information about nuclear energy are available at http://www.nei.org