Houston, TX, Feb. 1, 2006 — Scalable Software Inc., a provider of IT compliance and asset management solutions, announced two new solutions to help electric utilities comply with upcoming critical infrastructure protection (CIP) standards issued by the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC).
Scalable’s NERC CIP solutions are said to provide electric utilities the capabilities and services needed to cost-effectively achieve, demonstrate and maintain IT compliance with anticipated NERC CIP standards across supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, distributed control systems (DCS) and corporate networks.
The new NERC CIP standards, expected to take effect in May, are mandated to protect the bulk electric systems in North America.
Scalable’s new NERC CIP solutions include both a quick start and multi-regulatory compliance offering. Scalable’s NERC CIP Quick Start Solution boasts the ability to provide the services and capabilities required for utilities to cost-effectively achieve and demonstrate compliance for their initial 2006 NERC CIP audit.
With the solution, the company says it enables municipals, cooperatives and other electric utilities to:
* Identify NERC CIP policy and control gaps;
* Rapidly develop and deploy a compliant policy and control framework;
* Create a comprehensive cyber asset inventory;
* Deploy a cost-effective platform for managing ongoing IT compliance costs.
Scalable’s NERC CIP Multi-Regulatory Compliance Solution is designed to provide utilities facing multiple regulatory mandates the capabilities needed to cost-effectively achieve NERC CIP compliance while at the same time satisfying the requirements of other regulatory mandates such as SOX, HIPAA or others.
The solution is designed to provide customers the critical capabilities needed to:
* Identify policy and gaps with multiple regulatory mandates;
* Create and deploy a single, rationalized policy and control framework;
* Automate key audit management, compliance assessment and other compliance management processes;
* Deploy Scalable’s IT compliance and asset management software
throughout the organization.