Calgary, Alberta, June 29, 2006 — Telvent, an IT company, announced the release of Titanium2, the second version of the Company’s Titanium software, for use with the Telvent Metering System (TMS) platform for automatic energy measurement.
The TMS platform is based on Echelon Corp.’s Networked Energy Services (NES) System. With Titanium2 energy companies can use a web-based application to administer all aspects of their automatic meter reading (AMR) infrastructure including:
* Installation of meter and data concentrator software;
* Execution of orders to obtain data from meters and concentrators, and configuration thereof;
* Management of system incidents (events and alarms);
* Configuration of hourly and daily readings and their storage in a database; and
* Management of user access to the system.
For more news and exclusive features from Utility Automation & Engineering T&D and Electric Light & Power online, please click here.