Chicago, IL, Mar. 27, 2006 — S&C Electric Co. is exhibiting a variety of products at the 2006 IEEE/PES T&D Exposition, including an overhead line protector, an advanced automatic circuit restoration system, an overhead lateral circuit protection device, and a new power quality product for wind farm applications.
Some of the highlighted products are:
* IntelliTEAM III Automatic Restoration System — the latest generation of IntelliTEAM, specifically designed to work with IntelliRupter and the new SpeedNet Radio. With IntelliTEAM III, protection coordination settings can be configured automatically.
* TripSaver Dropout Recloser — this self-powered, electronically controlled vacuum recloser for overhead lateral circuits is offered in system class voltage ratings of 15.5 and 27 kV, and can be installed in new and existing cutout mountings.
* Circuit-Isolator II Disconnect — a three-pole group-operated isolating disconnect specifically designed for use in distribution substations in ratings of 69-kV through 138-kV.
* PureWave ESA Electronic Shock Absorber — a grid stabilizing device for wind farm applications on small or isolated electric systems.
* Vista Underground Distribution Switchgear — new single-way model uniquely designed to fit through wind tower doors in rating of 15.5-kV through 38-kV.
* Fault Tamer Fuse Limiter — combines series fuse and backup limiter in one package for overhead pole-top transformer protection. Ratings to 34.5 kV.
* Type XS Fuse Cutout — with composite-polymer silicone insulator has 30-inch (762-mm) leakage distance to ground.
* PureWave AVC Adaptive VAR Compensator — economically provides real-time voltage-support and power-factor correction for dynamically varying loads, 300 kVAR and up.
* BankGuard PLUS Control — protects substation capacitor banks from overvoltage stress and provides automatic bank switching for system voltage regulation.