Orlando, Fla., March 18, 2010 – Siemens Energy, Inc. will work with Central Vermont Public Service to integrate eMeter’s EnergyIP meter data management system.
EnergyIP will be part of a larger CVPS SmartPower initiative that is being deployed to benefit CVPS’ 159,000 electric customers.
EnergyIP will help CVPS enable the realization of SmartPower benefits in the following areas:
* Operational efficiency through the use of AMI data to reduce costs through increased efficiencies and as a tool to improve operational decision-making;
* Increased distribution system reliability and higher customer satisfaction using AMI data to improve the speed of power restoration and improve outage management;
* Energy conservation and peak load management by establishing time-based rates and deploying load-curtailable devices, such as water heaters that can automatically respond to load conditions;
* Higher customer satisfaction through more detailed customer information (hourly data), flexible billing schedules, Web presentment and other communication methods;
* Improvements in distribution operations using peak load meter data and capabilities for certain distribution automation functions and advanced outage management.
Siemens understands the complete energy conversion chain and is able to transform today’s grid into a living infrastructure that is smart enough to respond quickly, flexibly and comprehensively to society’s energy needs.
Siemens also incorporates solutions for commercial and industrial applications as well as smart homes, including building automation, IT systems integration, advanced lighting technology and energy efficient appliances for a comprehensive smart grid solution.
The Siemens Energy Sector is a supplier of a complete spectrum of products, services and solutions for the generation, transmission and distribution of power and for the extraction, conversion and transport of oil and gas.
eMeter provides the essential software that enables electric gas and water utilities to realize the full benefits of smart grid. Leading utilities worldwide depend on eMeter Smart Grid Management software to reduce operational costs, increase service reliability and drive energy efficiency.