Concord, Ontario, Mar. 18, 2008 — Trilliant Inc. has been selected by Toronto Hydro-Electric System Ltd. (Toronto Hydro) to provide advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) smart suite-metering equipment, supplies and services for residential multi-unit buildings. Suite metering involves measuring the electricity use of individual suites in multi-occupant buildings and allows accountability for each suite’s own costs.
The contract continues and extends a Trilliant suite-metering services program that has existed for over two years and will now encompass up to 50,000 meters. Working with Quadlogic to deliver the metering solutions, Trilliant will provide Toronto Hydro with:
* AMI smart suite-metering equipment for existing and new construction projects including metering, network, and data backhaul systems;
* an enterprise data management system;
* AMI data acquisition and management services;
* field maintenance and troubleshooting services as required;
* meter Shop sealing and commissioning services;
* AMI technology training as needed.
Want to stay Current? Listen to Currents: The Energy News Podcast brought to you by Utility Automation & Engineering T&D and Electric Light & Power online. For a list of all available episodes, click here and start listening today. And for more news and exclusive features from Utility Automation & Engineering T&D and Electric Light & Power online, please click here.