2011 Utility Solar Rankings Report released

Washington, D.C. — The Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) released the full 2011 Utility Solar Rankings Report. The report ranks utilities nationally, by region and by utility type. The report showed that in 2011, utilities interconnected more than 62,000 PV systems of all sizes. These new systems resulted in almost 1,500 MW of new utility solar capacity, more than twice as much as was added in 2010.

The findings show that 39 percent of new solar capacity came from utilities owning or contracting for solar power. Large solar projects, greater than 10 MW each, represent the bulk of this utility-led capacity. The remaining 61 percent comes from residential and commercial installations.

Previous articleTelvent selected to provide weather solutions for smart grid performance
Next articleAxion Power International awarded grant to fund commercialization plan

No posts to display