Kathleen Davis, Senior Editor
Running June 8-10, 2010, POWERGRID Europe will breeze into the Dutch city of Amsterdam this year. With growing global focus on electricity transmission and distribution (T&D), POWERGRID Europe offers an inside look at industry adjustments, growing pains, experiments and successes. The two-track conference will feature worldwide vendors and leading utilities. POWERGRID Europe will offer practical information, as well as proven and potential solutions to academics, novices and experts alike, giving all a chance to interact and exchange ideas on how to grow with the interconnecting T&D marketplace.
Beyond the conference, POWERGRID Europe also offers a dedicated trade show floor with numerous exhibiting companies displaying state-of-the art services, software, hardware and technologies. With more than 14,000 visitors expected to attend over the three days of this joint event, the networking opportunities are unrivalled.
POWERGRID Europe-specific conference sessions begin after the keynote session on Tuesday, June 8, with a session on modeling for future networks and a smart grid vendor panel. Other session topics include network stability, interoperability, grid evolution, the role of IT, grid integration of renewables, transmission challenges and smart cities.
Notable speakers include:
- Richard Schomberg, chair, Smart Grid Strategic Group, IEC
- Ben Voorhorst, COO, TenneT
- Helder Ferreira, project officer, DG Joint Research Centre, EC
- Sebastien Lepy, convenor/10-year plan, ENTSO-E
- Dieter Gantenbein, EDISON/AIDA project leader, IBM
- Ilse van den Breemer, project manager, Amsterdam Innovation Motor
- Tomas Wall, VP R&D, Fortum
- Vicente Gonzalez Lopez, convenor/R&D, ENTSO-E
- Merce Griera I Fisa, project officer, European Commission
- Leon Sijbers, general manager, smart grid, Europe, GE
POWERGRID Europe runs June 8-10, 2010, at the RAI in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. More information about POWERGRID Europe and registration forms are available online at http://powergrideurope.com
Senior Editor Kathleen Davis is also the conference director for POWERGRID Europe.